Woodbine Optometry is continuing to provide complete eye care services. We have engaged in comprehensive training with our team and continue to update our safety protocols as the recommendations provided by Alberta Health Services and the Alberta College of Optometrists continue to evolve. This policy has been updated to reflect the Government of Alberta rules and regulations, announced on November 24, 2020.
Our primary concern is the health and safety of our patients, our team and our community.
Our response includes:
- Increasing time between eye appointments to maintain physical distancing
- Requiring all team members to wear masks full time
- Rigorous disinfection between patient visits
- Screening of patients as they enter our clinic
- Disinfection of all eye wear immediately after it has been tried on
- Removal of all magazines, coffee machines, toys, etc
- Free contact lens deliveries until the end of December 2020
We are asking our patients to:
- Please wear a mask to our office. If you do not have a multi-layer mask made of tight knit cotton or linen that fits securely around your nose or a medical mask of your own, we will provide you with a level 2 medical mask upon arrival.
- Please use hand sanitizer when you enter.
- Please disinfect your cell phone with an alcohol swab available in the waiting area if you intend to use it during your visit.
- We will be providing you a tray for your loose items to help reduce items being set down on counter-tops.
- We are requesting that you only bring a family member with you if they are required for support.
- Kindly reschedule your appointment if in the last 14 days you have had symptoms of illness such as a cough, fever, shortness of breath or sore throat; have been diagnosed with COVID-19; have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed or suspected of having COVID-19; or have traveled outside of Canada.
For eye wear related visits to our office:
- Appointments are now required for eye wear selections, pick-ups and adjustments. Please call ahead so that we can ensure you are comfortable during your visit to our eye wear gallery.
- Please ask for assistance when selecting eye wear so that we can disinfect eye wear as required.
- When making an eye wear selection we ask that your family member only come into the office for a short period near the end if you would like their opinion.
Thank you to all of our patients for working with us to keep each other safe. We see many vulnerable patients at out clinic and we appreciate your help in taking care of our community. We look forward to taking care of your eye care and eye wear needs!